Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4: The Weigh In

First day back to work and the start of a brand new year! Although normally my office is full of the hustle and bustle of numerous people running around with heavy tools working on very expensive machinery that was not the scene today! Today as I walked into the office the setting was more like a glamorous press conference the week before a long awaited prize fight. The scale was ready and our makeshift scoreboard was created.

All in there are 7 contenders vying for the "Great 2010 Slimdown" crown. Various weights were measured and recorded until finally my turn arose. As I strode up to the scale I grabbed as many various office supplies of considerable weight as I could. Once I had stuffed a stapler, a tape dispenser, a box of binder clips, paperclips, a maglite, and a monkey wrench into my hands and pockets I took my place on the scale. Unfortunately my plan was thwarted due to the fact that I took all of these items in front of everyone else and they didn't seem to think that it was the most, shall I say, "accurate" measure. So after unloading enough stock off my personage to keep a small Office Max running for a week I stepped back up on the scale...

265 pounds!

HOLY HELL! That scale had to be wrong (I hope)! Either way it was wrong across the board and now I have a starting point to get things going. Which I have done. I came home and headed directly to my room to change and get my ass onto pavement jogging. I knocked out about three miles and felt pretty good.

I know this isn't going to be easy, but I am doing it for a good reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment