Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18: Globed

Just a quick post to recap the Golden Globes. First of all, I thought that Ricky Gervais did a great job! I found myself laughing at him more than usual. I particularly liked the fact that he nonchalantly eased the TV audience into the fact that he was pounding beers all night.



I think this is about the only solace he will have to make up for some of his more ill timed jabs, namely at Paul McCartney who was not at all impressed, of the evening. The use of alcohol as an excuse for said jabs worked out splendid, however, when he introduced a seemingly Mel Gibson.

As for the awards, well, it is good to see Sandy Bullock get some praise albeit ironic that the star of Precious still was looked past and under appreciated in real life. Monique was impressive and heartfelt. My inner smile truly broke through while watching her seem so excited.  It goes to prove that you too can star in a movie the caliber of Soul Plane and still be considered for top awards some day. That gives me hope. To round things out... Avatar started its run to the Kodak Theater, Nine still sucks,  T-bone Burnett should never speak, Martin Scorsese is a very small man, and Robert Downey Jr. should be a comedian. Maybe he can go that route on his 14th career restart! Sadly though, I don't think we will see it.

Overall I think it was a very good evening. The whole ride was a lot of fun and has gotten me ready for the Oscars. Thank you Hollywood Foreign Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment