Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17: Sickness

As you may have read earlier, I am training for the Los Angeles marathon. I was supposed to wake up this morning and run 8 miles with my training group. It was raining outside and my throat is about twice the size it should be. I didn't think it was the best idea to take the chance of getting more sick on the run. As much fun as wiffle was yesterday I think I may have pushed a bit too hard. This makes me very worried though because I have missed quite a few weeks of training now and feel that my overall performance is going to be lacking moving into the crunch.

There are really only 8 weeks left to train for the big race and I am beginning to wonder whether that is enough time. I don't want to postpone my race, but I fear I may have to. I know that it is most important to be healthy and ready for the race, but I just don't want to quit. I will feel terrible about the whole thing. I am tired of pushing things out. I know that, again, this is a health concern, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the whole thing.

I guess I will ponder this as I prepare for the Golden Globes...

No comments:

Post a Comment