Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13: Commitment

So I was looking at my profile and I see that I have " 11 views (approx)." What does that even mean? There have been approximately 11 people that have read this so far? Does that mean that 11 people clicked on this blog, but one guy was watching TV at the same time so that doesn't really count? Or could it be that it counted my mom twice for when she clicked back before the page had finished loading because she thought the internet was broken when in actuality it was because she is still running on a 56K modem? I mean, get with it Mom! I think I read somewhere the other day that the Amish just got DSL.

Whatever the truth may be it isn't really a shock to me. I actually haven't really told anyone that I am doing this. There is no real way to find this unless you ran across this by sheer luck. I am okay with that for now because I am doing this to prove a point to me first. I am tired of telling people that I am going to do something and never actually getting it done. Now, it should be stated for the record that I am not a quitter! I just overlap things to a point that time doesn't always permit me to see things through to fruition. For instance, I was too busy eating pizza and watching football on Saturday to go running. I had the best intentions. Well, we all know where good intentions lead.

The point is that this is supposed to be about me changing those parts of my life. And while I kid about the pizza and football; I do feel that I need to really work on my follow through. As you may have read a while back I am training for the Los Angeles marathon right now. The problem is that I have been sicker than a dog for the past month. I don't know how many of you have ever tried to run with a chest cold, but it isn't pretty.  The excuse is there for me to take it and back down. I don't think anyone would say a thing. I would know though! Deep down inside of me I would know that I took the cop out. I am not going to let that happen any more!

Whether it be with work, exercise, friendship, or love I refuse the cop out! This is not easy! In fact this is one of the harder things I have had to do in my life. I just have to set my focus and work toward my goals. Every day that I wake up and choose to commit to something, in whatever sense it may be, is one more in the bag.

For what it is worth, I promise to get through these 365 days! When you think about it... that is a pretty hefty promise to make to approximately 11 people!

No comments:

Post a Comment