Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11: Perseverance

Back to work after quite a weekend. I woke up this morning to head off to work and as I began to pull out of my garage I was greeted with a long piercing whine. I paused for a moment and had a few words with the X-terror which, after being edited for this blog, sounded something along the lines of "hey... you silly machine... why are you acting so strange? I can't believe I am still paying for you! I wish that you would find a happy home with someone else with out me knowing it!" Granted, there were a LOT of explicitives and that was the extremely paraphrased version.

After I felt a bit of the tension release from my ongoing frustration I returned to the problem at hand. I reversed a little more and the whine came back. It was pretty obvious to me that the alarm on the brakes had begin to sound (for those of you who don't know, most brakes are designed to whistle/whine when the brake pads have worn to a certain degree). I looked into replacing them and it is likely going to cost me around $300 dollars! DAMNIT!

It may be a bit confusing as to why I titled this post perseverance. I feel that my X-terror is a prime example. Why you may ask? Well that is easy! Not a single day goes by that I get in that vehicle that I am not reminded of past mistakes. Every time I pay that bill and I see the 20% interest rate next a buyout amount that hasn't moved in two years staring me in the face I want to cry! As I watched the odometer roll over 90,000 miles I waved bye to additional $2k in value to the car. This effectively placed the car so far upside down it should be in Australia! It really isn't the poor old boys fault, he has been pretty good to me, but then again, it wasn't Old Yeller or Kujo's fault either!

The point is that everyday I am reminded of these mistakes and it gives me the strength to continue to dig out of it. It lights a fire in me that makes me want to sell 20 units in a month so I can be rid of the damn thing once and for all! It is important to push through and persevere your adversity and ultimately only you can do it. Utilize the problems in your life to discover solutions and it will be easy to overcome anything that may come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment