Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59: Executive Course

I am SOOOOO proud of Liz!

We have been playing golf for a little over three and a half weeks and she finished her first nine holes today! Granted, we didn't keep score and it was a Par 3 executive course, but none the less she DID it! I would have to say it was a bit of trial by fire to boot. I kinda threw her to the wolves so to speak. I didn't explain much about chipping or ball lie. The first thing we learned was pace of play. More precisely that there is one.

After she ditched her skinny latte we were in good shape. She was doing exceptionally well for her first time and made a few really good shots. As we moved through the holes I took the time to explain some of the finer point of the game and the rules. She finished up very strong. Strong enough that she wanted to go to the range and continue to practice.

Afterwards she even wanted to go look for clubs at Golfsmith. Did I mention that I think I have created a monster. Soon enough she is going to be kicking my ass. I just can't get over how well she is doing in such a short time. I guess I know what to get her for her birthday coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Needless to say I love you so much! I secretly hope one day I will be able to give you a run for your money on the course :)

    ReplyDelete