Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54: The Wait

Everyday I wake up and I think that things are going to be different. I rise in the morning and I think to myself that today is going to be the day that changes everything. The catalyst that makes all of the work that I have been putting in worth it. The one day that gets me out of debt and takes 50 unwanted pounds off my body...

That day hasn't come!

The hardest thing about initiating major change in ones life is the wait to see them take effect. I talked about setting small goals to alleviate some of these issues, but there is still going to be an amount of time that is necessary to allow for the roots of change to grab hold of the soil that is ones life.

A good axiom is that Rome wasn't built in a day. While this may be true I seem to think that there were a lot of pissed off Romans that had to wait.

I try to be upbeat on this thing, but sometimes it is a bit hard. I want everyone to know that this is a struggle. A damn hard one at that. Right now I have faith that things will eventually get better and that my roots will grow. I just wish someone would throw me some freakin' Miracle Grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment