Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57: Stepping Out

Last night was great. It was really awesome getting a chance to hang out with Tyler and Paul. I love being around creative people because it ignites a flame in me that seems to have flickered a bit slower as of recent. Tyler is one of the more creative people I know and it really gets me thinking when I am around him.

I realized that over the course of the past two years I have become more sheltered with my ideas and lackadaisical about actively turning them into reality. I have fallen in to a menial existence that is predicated on making a check to pay the months bills only to worry about the next ones. I am counting days until money arrives in order to try to get through the difficult ones at hand. Is this really living??? I say no!

I have to come to realize that I am so worried about tomorrow that I am forgetting about today. I don't mean to take away from any of the things I have said about forward thought and goal setting. I merely am trying to draw a line to differentiate the good forethought from the very bad.

I have also come to realize that the only way I can fix this situation is to open my eyes and step out of  the line I have been so begrudgingly trudging. I think a perfect way to start is to take a look at some of the creative projects I have in my life and starting to put a bit more effort into seeing them to fruition.

I think I have been a bit scared to put myself out there for a while ( there is a back-story... I will get to it), and the fear of failure is sitting at the head of my emotional class. I have to get around this! I have to find my fire again!

I guess the only thing to do is to beat back that fear (which has never been a problem for me previously), and find a way to remember the person I once was. I definitely know he is still there someplace. So, I am stepping out! I am removing myself from the line and I am choosing a different path. I am not sure where that path will take me, but hopefully it will be in the right direction. I am not quitting my job and moving to Paris! No no... I would definitely choose London if I was going to do something that crazy! I am, however, going to put myself back out there!I guess the best way to put is... in order to effect change in one's life one needs to change.

Here's to change

No comments:

Post a Comment