Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43: Boys Night Out

So I am pretty excited about tonight. I am getting a chance to go out with some of my guys that I haven't spent much time with lately. Were heading into Hollywood to hit up a fancy club for my very good friend's birthday party. The cool part about it is that the guys I am heading out there with have never met each-other. Normally I am a bit apprehensive to sticking a bunch of strange people together, however, tonight I feel completely okay with the whole thing. These guys individually are some of the most intelligent and reverent people I know so I am guessing that putting everyone together should be quite an event.

I guess this is relevant to this blog because all of these friends have come into my life within the past three years, some as recent as the past six months! I am thankful for them though... I feel that I have been through a lot when it comes to friends and at this point in my life I have developed a good enough bull-shit sensor to pick out the people that are going to be beneficial to my life in some way. The good lord knows that there is a constant onslaught of those who would be detrimental. I would be lying if I said that I never met anyone like that... but I do have to say that there aren't any left in my life at this point and that if I choose to bring friends in it is because I truly think that they are looking out for my best interests as I am theirs.

It is a long journey to understand why this is important. Some may never actually understand it. I thank god on the reg that I have come to understand it... and I thank him for bringing me the people that do truly care about me. I hope this entry gets you thinking about who is in your life and how they factor into your mix. Life is short... I hope that you are the type of friend you want to have in your life!  Most of the time your friends are mirror images of your own behaviors. Take a moment and ponder that...

No comments:

Post a Comment