Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38: Golf Lessons




I know that the wrong sport is represented in the tagline today... being that it is the superbowl and all. The reason it is up there is because I finally got Liz out to a real  golf course and went to a real  golf range! Verdict??? She LOVED it! We started out slow... with an extra large bucket of balls. I think the important thing about fostering an interest in someone for the game of golf is patience. On both ends for that matter! As a teacher it is very difficult to not see automatice results in your students. What you have to understand is the golf is not an "automatic" process. It take years of practice to develop the muscle memory required to consistently and accurately hit the ball. That being said I was just shooting for her to actually make contact with the ball! Which she did! She nailed a couple nine irons about 70 yards... down the pipe! I was ecstatic with her performance and so was she. She was enjoying so much actually that we went back and got another bucket.
This gives me hope for her journey into the world of lunacy that is the game of golf. To be honest, her swing looked pretty damn good! I am excited to actually find her a club that fits her. I have total faith that her skills will only skyrocket! Now we are off to cook fajitas and watch the big game in the comfort of our living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment