Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 33: Tragedy

I found out today that a buddy of mine was driving up in Wisconsin at 3:30 in the morning yesterday and lost control of his car. He went of the road and hit two trees. He wasn't wearing his seat-belt! He was ejected from the car... the authorities didn't arrive until 9AM and he was pronounced dead on the scene. Although I wasn't as close to him as a lot of my friends I still feel that he touched my life. Justin Mentell was an amazing person and a fantastic artist. He had a great career in TV and film and had recently decided to focus on painting.

He was younger than me! I spoke with my roommate about it and we both were pretty floored by the whole thing. It puts life into perspective when you lose some one. It is especially difficult  when they have so much to offer this world. Justin truly was a great soul. He was always humble and kind. He never had a bad thing to say. His light was bright and now that is gone he will truly be missed. Rest In Peace buddy...




Please visit his website for details on where to make donations.

http://www.justinmentell.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment