Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37: Married Life

While I would be willing to admit that my outlook on life is changing to think more and more toward the big "M" word... I think we all know that I am not quite to there yet.

The reason I bring it up is to segue into my friends house warming party. We just got back and it was a whole lot of fun. They just got married and moved into their first place in Irvine. They had rented out the clubhouse at their complex and we spent the night playing different bar games. All in it was a blast!

All night I had a feeling that there was something different about the party... I couldn't put my finger on it. It wasn't anything bad just... strange. Then I figured it out. EVERYONE there was married save about three people!

Now, I have a lot of married friends, but this was the first time that I personally felt that I had transcended the realm of post college to being an adult. I have been in numerous situations like that numerous times before, but the difference is I saw myself in a different light. This time... there wasn't a difference.

Without realizing it, I guess life has caught up with me, and... I'm okay with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment